18 July 2014

Night Time Skin Care Routine

 
You probably don't know this - unless we actually know each other - but I have suffered from acne for a long time. I've always been very conscious about my skin, particularly my forehead area, being my most acne-prone area.
Recently, my blemishes have diminished significantly and I'll have to thank my new skin care routine for this!
 

I have to warn you, the products that I'm currently using are not so drugstore. I'm sharing some of these items with my mum and with some products, 'investment' was certainly the key word.
 
To start, if I was wearing makeup that day, I'd first wipe off the makeup with a face wipe. You can use any face wipe for this, I'm not entirely picky about it and haven't exactly researched the benefits of other makeup wipes but I currently use the Simple ones.
After I wipe off most of the makeup off, I go over it again with the Bioderma Makeup Removing Micelle Solution. I have to agree with other bloggers about the benefits of this! It's just fantastic.
Many of you from the UK will probably find it hard to purchase this physically but I found a pharmacy which sells it! Here are their details. I bought two for £10.
 
After I've taken off my makeup, I use the La Roche-Posay Purifying Foaming Gel for Oily Sensitive Skin. I have to admit, this was quite expensive for me, as a student. My defence would have to be that it was 3 for 2 at Boots at that time and my last face wash ran out... so don't bash me too much on this.
I find that it's really gentle on your skin and after washing my face with it, it actually feels "clean". Unlike other drugstore facial washes, I feel like it dries up my face slightly, which helps the imperfections dry out faster and "go away".
 
After washing my face, I use the Kiehl's Clarity-Activating Toner. I wasn't going to buy this but since my mum needed it for her hyper-pigmentation, I might as well use it. The sales assistant suggested this one for me as it helps diminish pores and also help with the discoloration from the blemish marks. I would really recommend this! Not only for its lavender smell but for it hydrating abilities!
 
I use the Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser, which I've used for months now. It does its job but it feels heavy on my skin, which I don't like the feel of. I'll probably find another one after this runs out.
 
Depending on the night, I either apply the La Roche-Posay Targeted Breakout Corrector to the specific areas or the Kiehl's Over-Night Biological Peel on my whole face.
I tend to use the mask 2-3 days a week as I use it to exfoliate, whilst the Breakout Corrector really helps calm down and reduce the size of the problem areas.
 
Don't forget to take care of your lips! I currently use the Nivea Essential Care lip balm but you can use which ever you like!
 
I'm no dermatologist and these products may not necessarily work for you but I hope this was helpful!
 
Keep updated with new blog posts by following me on Instagram// Twitter // Bloglovin!




No comments:

Post a Comment