28 May 2015

Thai Square


Thai Square definitely has good food... but service, not so much.



I went to the Thai Square in South Kensington and I have to say, I appreciate their interior design and decor. It's definitely very oriental but the space is quite tight, there may have been more space upstairs however we were sat on the ground floor.
We went on a Sunday and we had entered the restaurant at 5:30pm (when they opened) and straight away, they told us that we had to leave at 7pm due to a reservation. Hence, make sure you try and reserve for this branch. I have to admit though, we were a party of nine.
I was not so keen on the service. There was one waitress in particular who I think did not like our party very much and you could tell from the way she had spoken to us and brought our food. I don't know if it was her personality or just her but for customer service, I think a smile or a nice gesture could have gone a long way.

Foodwise, it was definitely very nice. I ordered the Pad Thai, which I thought was a safe choice. You could definitely distinguish the different flavours and the tofu in the pad thai had a strong flavour of the sweet and sour sauce.
My sister ordered the Pad Si Ew, which I think was much nicer than what I ordered, but it seemed more Chinese than Thai, just because I normally order a Beef Ho Fun at the Chinese restaurant in Westfield London.

Dessert was stellar. I loved the Coconut and Mango Ice Cream. You should definitely order that when you visit. The chocolate ice cream was average but if you're feeling that, don't order it from here because it's far too expensive. You should just go to wafflemeister or another ice cream shop around South Kensington.


Price List:
Pad Thai - £8.50
Pad Si Ew - £7.95
Mango and Coconut Ice Cream - £4.95

Rating: 2.5/5
Price Range: ££
Branch: South Kensington, London

Hope you enjoyed this blog post! Don't forget to comment below of your thoughts or recommendations of other restaurants and cafes to try out!

Keep updated with new blog posts by following me on

No comments:

Post a Comment