3 October 2016

Bluebird, Chelsea



I'm sure everyone knows the basics of customer service: attentiveness, politeness and welcoming.
Unfortunately, these are the qualities that none of the Bluebird staff have

I was really looking forward to having brunch at Bluebird because of so many rave reviews and its popularity. I expected the food and service to be on par with the dining experience of The Ivy, which is just down the road from Bluebird. However, it was just such a huge disappointment.
I apologise now - this post is just going to be an entire rant of the terrible experience.

We waited to be seated for 10 minutes before anyone sat us down. It should be noted that we were passed by a couple of waiters whilst we were waiting - so they definitely knew we were there.

Once we were seated, we waited approximately 30 minutes until we were able to order.
The table beside us had already ordered, received their food and finished eating within that time.
My friend got up to go to the restroom and whilst on her way, she asked a waiter to come to our table to take our order from me. I also asked this other waitress that we were ready to order. 
However, neither of them approached the table and we had to signal to another waiter/ manager to come over.

I complained to the manager about the poor customer service and his excuse was that it was busy and understaffed. I would like to mention, we visited on a Thursday during the late-morning, just passed the brunch peak time. As you can see from the photo below, it didn't seem too busy at all. Furthermore, I would have expected staff at Bluebird to be more experienced and more efficient. 
We proceeded to order and thankfully, our orders came relatively quickly.

It's just disappointing to have had this experience, specially since the food was quite pleasing. 
The appalling customer service really overshadowed the good food.
I ordered the Hass Avocado with scrambled eggs and an Iced Caramel Latte.

It should be noted that after we were done, our plates were collected swiftly and we were able to pay with no hassle but I think we were served quite quickly because it was a different person/ manager who attended to us.

Final Thoughts
Overall, I'm just so disappointed in Bluebird. For an upper class restaurant, it is very appalling. 
I really did expect more of this cafe, particularly after experiencing wonderful customer service at The Ivy, Chelsea.
It seems very unfair that some other people were being attended to before us and with better service. I hate to mention or bring this up but I am questioning the restaurant's treatment towards other ethnicities.




Price List:
Hass Avocado - £8
Iced Caramel Latte - £4

Rating: 1/5
Price Range: ££
Branch: Chelsea

Hope you enjoyed this blog post! Don't forget to comment below of your thoughts or recommendations of other restaurants and cafes to try out!

Keep updated with new blog posts by following me on

No comments:

Post a Comment