6 February 2014

OOTD: Hearts in the Rain



Salutations! 



Here's my first outfit of the day post featuring my favourite Topshop burgundy coat.


The Topshop jacket that I'm wearing in the pictures above is one of my monthly favourites, which I forgot to include in my last post. It gives any outfit a chic and cool look, not just because of its bomber jacket style but also because of its dark burgundy colour. 
The main benefit of this coat is its warmth, which I highly underestimated when I first bought it during the pre-Christmas sale. With only two other layers beneath the coat, I was still quite warm.
What I don't like about this jacket is the fact that I have to lint roll it whenever I wear it because fluff always seems to get stuck to it - oh and hair too! :(
Other than that, its one of my favourite staples this winter. 



I'm wearing a Zara shirt, which I got from this season's sale. What I love about this shirt is that its very soft and comfortable to wear. My shirt is in the size XL, just because that was the only size available and because I like how it is flowy and easy to move around in.
I specially like the khaki colour on the shirt, as well as the sewn in badges on the left sleeve, which add an army feel to it.

The trousers I'm wearing are gifted from my mum. They're Adriano Goldschmied jeans with heart patterns. They're not exactly my kind of print but the hearts give it a girlier look, balancing the army style shirt, and definitely making the whole outfit look interesting.




In terms of shoes and accessories, I only wore my gold locket necklace, which was a Christmas present from my mum (I feel so loved). On my wrist, I'm wearing my hair band which I bought from Accessorize. There were five in the pack, with a variety of colours. 
For my footwear, I'm wearing my Jeffrey Campbell Everly Cutout Boots. They are sooooo comfortable and the metal buckles make it a nice statement piece, particularly since I'm wearing minimal jewelry. The cutouts are also very awesome as I get to show off my cool patterned Uniqlo socks :)




I wore this outfit to my seminar today and although it rained, my feet were very dry despite the cutouts ^_^

Coat: Topshop
Shirt: Zara
Trousers/Jeans: Adriano Goldschmied
Necklace: Gift
Hair Band: Accessorize (These were the only ones I could find similar to mine)
Socks: Uniqlo




Hope you liked my first OOTD <3
Thanks to my friend Caitlin for the photography - follow her on Twitter HERE
Don't forget to like my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin!
Let's share the luuurrrvvvvv

2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeee yo dimples gurllllll and them shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babeesss ~~~ Looking forward to your next poooossttt

      mariamarmite.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete