17 August 2014

New York City Day 5


The last day of the city break has come upon us and to end it, we visit the Guggenheim and the underestimated Central Park, where we ended the night.



Our last full day in New York started with a visit to the Guggenheim Museum.
They were having an Italian Futurism exhibition, which showcased a lot of Italian patriotism and art works. However, there was a small section with Monet and Cezanne, which I enjoyed.
There were a lot of contemporary art works as well, which were very interesting. 


We finished looking around the museum at around 3pm. By this time, we were ready to eat. We had hot dogs and fries at the food truck pictured in front of the museum and then walked to the nearest Starbucks to get our $2 cold treat (we had Starbucks in the morning and got a morning receipt treat). If you were wondering, I got the Peach Iced Green Tea - delicious!


After this, we started our stroll through Central Park. We walked downwards towards Strawberry Field then finished our walk at Sheep Meadows. 
I could actually spend all day in Central Park. It's so big and tranquil. I felt as though I've escaped from the busy city life and entered a forest. 
It was so beautiful and just watching the sun go down by Sheep Meadows was amazing. 
You should definitely take a stroll through Central Park, it's unmissable! 

That's it! That's my whole trip. I felt sad to leave, since I didn't get to visit areas like Coney Island and places away from NY. Nevertheless, I was ready to go home and sleep in my own bed haha!
Before going to the hostel, we had dinner at the Metro Diner, which we were glad to hear closed at 1am - we were looking for places to eat at around 11pm, by this time, a lot of places were either closed or too expensive. We had burger and fries for dinner. (Y)


Last thing. I would definitely recommend staying at a hostel at least once in your life. This was my first time and it was such a great experience! I met so many nice people, who came from all over the world; Australia, Germany, Canada and more!
It's an experience that I'll never forget.
(Pictured above are my two new German friends, as well as Connie, who I came to NY with)






Keep updated with new blog posts by following me on


No comments:

Post a Comment